Are you craving some sweet treats? Sometimes the heat can get to your head, and what better way to refuel than to sit down in a nice cafe or bakery to energize with some dessert?
If you haven’t been to Saigon, know this: Saigon is a rich intersection of different cultures and cuisines from across the whole world. Bakeries and dessert cafes are included. Below are the best bakeries and dessert cafes for a sweet wonderful day, so let’s dig in!
- Dessert Cafes
ABC Bakery & Cafe: The Proud Vietnamese Bakery
Originally a small family-sized bakery opened in 1989, ABC Bakery has grown rapidly to be a leader in its industry. Not only is this place a popular bakery brand that you can find in most cities, but ABC also offers a variety of products to satisfy your taste buds. Apart from the affordable prices, the quality is consistently stable even after many years of operation. And if you need a cup of coffee to sip alongside your pastries, just head to the coffee counter.
There are six main kinds of ABC products: bread, pastries, sliced cakes, whole cakes, packaged, and seasonal. You can literally find everything here from the common baguette, sandwich, muffin, and birthday cake to the special Sausage Danish, Choux Cream, Europe Butter Bread, and Soft Bread with ten different fillings. You may not know this yet, but ABC is a regular supplier of Tour Les Jours pastry chain, McDonald’s, Burger King, and Domino Pizza. If you’re munching on a hamburger, now you know where the bun came from!
- Address: ABC Bakery & Cafe
227 Nguyen Trai, Ward 2, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
45L Ong Ich Khiem, Ward 10, District 11, Ho Chi Minh City
1029 Cach Mang Thang 8, Ward 7, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City
396 Hoang Dieu, Ward 10, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 6 AM – 10 PM
- Price range: 12,000 VND – 65,000 VND (0.52 USD – 2.82 USD)
- Fanpge: https://www.facebook.com/abcbakeryvn/
- Website: abcbakery.co
TOUS les JOURS – The “Every day” Bakery
Sometimes names can be misleading. Many people believe that TOUS les JOURS, the French word meaning “every day” in English, is from France. However, this brand is actually from Korea.
Despite being a Korean bakery, TOUS les JOURS does an excellent job at making scrumptious Western-style pastries, from Rye bread, egg tart, and croissants to Italian croquette, Pate Chaud, and donuts. Cakes are also available here, so when you want to celebrate a birthday party, you know where to go.
- Address: TOUS les JOURS
1. 180 Hai Ba Trung, Da Kao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
2. 66B Cach Mang Thang 8, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
3. 187 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
4. 64 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Da Kao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
5. 59 Tran Hung Dao, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
6. 6 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 8 AM – 10:30 PM
- Price range: 15,000 VND – 480,000 VND (0.65 USD – 20.64 USD)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/touslesjoursvietnam
Paris Baguette – Quality Says it All
For more than 30 years, Paris Baguette has specialized in French-inspired goods. In addition to delectable cakes, pastries, sandwiches, and drinks, they also provide a unique Parisian experience to thousands of customers daily. But the most impressive thing about this bakery is that they have hundreds of delicacies. Can you believe that you can even find Pad Thai salad, smoothies, and ice yogurt in one place? And I haven’t even mentioned the quality.
The bread here is incredibly soft and stays hot since the staff will preheat it for you. If this fact alone hasn’t convinced you, take a look around the place. The atmosphere here is cozy yet fancy, making for a wonderful place to hide from the heat.
- Address: Paris Baguette
1. 01 Cao Thang, Ward 2, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
2. 82a Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
3. 26 Thao Dien, Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
4. 55-1 Sky Garden Building, Pham Van Nghi Street, Tan Phong, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 6:30 AM – 10:30 PM
- Price range: 10,000 VND – 420,000 VND (0.43 USD – 18.06 USD)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/PARISBAGUETTEVN
BreadTalk – Where Bread is Not Just Bread
How can bread, a very basic food, be trendy and inspirational? The answer lies in BreadTalk, the revolutionary brand founded by Singaporean, Dr. George Quek. By creatively innovating different kinds of bread, this bakery brand has successfully turned these ordinary dishes into a more colorful, modern, and fancy dish. And if you pass by, don’t forget to try the pork floss bread which is the icon of the brand!
The flavors here are suitable for almost everyone, and if you’re searching for a cheap snack, this is definitely the place to go.
- Address: BreadTalk
Vincom Center, 72 Lê Thánh Tôn, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
2 Quang Trung, Phường 10, Gò Vấp, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
143 Nguyễn Tri Phương, Phường 8, Quận 5, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
See all BreadTalk Store: link here
- Opening hours: 7:30 AM – 9:30 PM
- Price range: 13,000 VND – 300,000 VND (0.56 USD – 12.09 USD)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/BreadTalkvn
Givral Bakery – Bringing Authentic Frech Flavors to You
Are you craving authentic French pastry flavors? With more than 60 years of experience in delivering the best cakes in Saigon, Givral Bakery makes elegance and sophistication easy. And trust me, it’s hard to turn from these pastries once you lay eyes on them.
When somebody mentions Givral, I think of fresh-from-the-oven cakes which contain absolutely no harmful preservatives. Refined by the best raw materials, Givral cakes guarantee the healthiest ingredients. If you have decided to give it a try, go with the corn cake. The sweet, fragrant, and gentle corn flavors enmeshed in the fluffy inner cake will leave you speechless. And that’s exactly what they have been doing for over 60 years.
- Address: Givral Bakery
1. 40 Tran Hung Dao, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
2. 770E Su Van Hanh, Ward 12, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
3. 39C Cao Thang, Ward 2, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
4. 316 Le Van Sy, Ward 14, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
5. 531 Nguyen Trai, Ward 7, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
6. 282 Hai Ba Trung, Tan Dinh, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
7. 236 Khanh Hoi, Ward 5, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 6:30 AM – 10 PM
- Price range: 12,000 VND – 600,000 VND (0.52 USD – 25.8 USD
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/Givralbakery
L’Usine Cafe – The Cosmopolitan Lifestyle
L’Usine is not simply a cafe. It’s a lifestyle, discovery, and experience. Serving Western classics such as salads, sandwiches, and pasta to local delicacies such as the city-famous coffee, tropical smoothies, and mouth-watering Saigon specialties, this cafe has connected both the city residents and expat friends.
The menu is easy, and if you don’t know what to choose, just look at the chef-recommended dishes. I can tell you that a few of my favorites are the lovely apple tart Tatin, the alluring cheesecake, and the mind-blowing double chocolate cake. Furthermore, these pastries make their home in a beautiful working place where you can spend all day without being bored.
- Address: L’Usine Cafe
19 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
101 Ton Dat Tien, Tan Phu, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening Hours: 7:30 AM – 10:30 PM
- Price range: 40,000 VND – 550,000 VND (1.72 USD – 23.65 USD)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/Lusinespace
Partea – Tea Room – The Gorgeous English Tearoom
Have you ever watched a royal movie and wished that you were a part of the family? You can try it for a few hours by visiting Partea, one of the most charming English tea rooms in the city. With a cozy space and attention to detail, this tearoom instantly quells the heat and puts your mind at rest. And when you bite down on the aromatic fluffy cakes, you’ll quickly forget the crowds of the city.
Of course, you must order and you have a variety of choices here, from Earl Grey, Chai tea, and Morning Sun to Creme Brulee, Caramel Green tea, and Oolong Ginger. One small note is that since the tearoom is quite popular, you should avoid coming here during peak hours.
- Address: 42 Nguyen Hue. D1. HCMc
- Opening hours: 9 AM – 10 PM
- Price range: 30,000 VND – 180,000 VND (1.29 USD – 7.74 USD)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/letspartea
Pacey Cupcakes – Where the Cupcake Fans At?
If cupcakes are the love of your life, you have come to the right place! Baking up to 16 different kinds of cupcakes every day, this cafe will fulfill your intense cravings immediately. What do you like? Tiramisu, matcha, double chocolate, cookie, banana, passion fruit, or salted caramel? Should you try one of each?
Since this cafe is located in the center of Saigon, it is quite crowded during high-demand hours. But in return, the taste of the enchanting cupcakes and refreshing drinks will wash away all of your concern.
- Address: 14 Dang Dung, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, HCM
- Opening Hours: 9 AM – 10 PM
- Price range: 30,000 VND – 66,000 VND (1.29 USD – 2.89 USD)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/paceycupcakes
Dessert Bar Star Kitchen – The Exquisite Japanese Cafe
Japanese cafes are famous for their relaxing atmosphere, and if you’ve already fallen in love with them, you definitely have to check out Star Kitchen, a romantic cafe located in the Japanese town of Saigon. There are a lot of reasons why people keep coming back, and one reason is that the cakes and drinks here are out of this world!
Moreover, since the owner of the cafe is Japanese, he knows how to deliver the real Japanese culinary culture to his guests. People are obsessed with the Sakura cheesecake, Kyoto Matcha cake, and Fruit Mille crepe. If you also want to drink, order a combo. Go for the Matcha Latte combo: a matcha latte and a cake of your choice.
- Address: B2 Floor, Takashimaya Department Store, 92-94 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ben Nghe, District 1, HCMC
- Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM
- Price range: from 29,000 VND (1.25 USD)
I hope you found this article useful. If you want to keep discovering Saigon, give these articles a read:
Enjoyed this article and would like more fun information on what to do, see, and eat in Vietnam? Follow us at the Travel Blog VietNam!